Recent Posts and Articles
- Candidates: Bertrand Le Roy, Sipke Schoorstra (sfmskywalker), Ylan Kunstler, Travis James (GQAdonis), Sébastien Ros, Samuel Goldenbaum, Nicholas Mayne (Jetski5822), Lombiq (Piedone and nightwolf226), Piotr Szmyd (pszmyd), Antoine Griffard (agriffard)
- Vote on Lombiq: pros and cons to having a company in the steering committee. Cons: me toos could arise: why just them? Who will vote effectively? Pros: it's good that companies get involved. Committee Vote: 3 against, 1 no opinion.
- Voting will be handled by Brett, see this tread.
- New Jabbr room.
- Specflow tests are back to working state.
- ".textMedium" CSS class deprecated. Use "text-medium" instead.
- New sites: http://www.3sstudio.com/, http://fiskalna.hr/, http://itelios.com/, http://www.futurederm.com/, http://www.carinsurancequotes.com/, http://diabetescareclub.com/, http://ogilvy.com.au/, http://www.campbellskitchen.com.au, http://originalpubco.com, http://www.slodkiefantazje.pl/.
- Demo: Piotr shows error treatment in workflows, log activities, loop/repeater activities. Will integrate as a feature branch. "I like the colors, they are really cool" says Sipke.
- Next week: OAuth demo by Sébastien.
- Lombiq announced an online Orchard course.
- Remove from gallery modules that are now built-in. Designer tools are getting several questions a week from users who installed the gallery version on top of their 1.7. We'll upgrade the version that is available on the gallery (Sébastien will do it).
Brought to you by: Orchard Hungary
- Added descriptions for all built-in fields so they get properly indexed.
- Added web.config app settings.
- Notifications in workflow to save changes, and to have a start activity.
- Better OEmbed integration in Media Library.
- New sites: http://www.toyota.co.za/, http://brandrepublicinsight.com/, http://transas.com, http://thelifestylepress.com/ (@stanleygoldman's company). http://www.galpinhonda.com/ (by http://www.jazelauto.com/), http://www.lqdmarkets.com/, https://www.startups.co/
- The car dealership mystery is solved: they are from jazelauto.com
- Demo: Sipke shows lists by building a library/book/chapter/page hierarchy.
- Demo: Zoltán shows Download As module: content item downloading feature with CloudConvert integration and html aggregation of document hierarchical library.
- Demo: Bertrand shows SSL module improvements. Needs a strong security review. Candidate for core integration.
- 1.7.1 will be available this week, like every week for the past 6 weeks ;)
Brought to you by: Orchard Hungary
Workflows in Orchard 1.7 are a damn sweet feature, and in this post I’m going to show you a very simple and useful case: comment moderation and notifications.
- Lots of new contributions over the week-end, in particular Daniel Stolt's many Azure features and documentation.
- New ORCHARD_1_7 version compilation directive. Only works with dynamic compilation at the moment, will be generalized.
- 1.7.1 will be ready after the Azure assemblies have been removed from the Orchard.Web project. Should be this week.
- Demo of nice configurable Bootstrap theme by Philip Senechal.
- New sites: http://omnia.ae/, http://www.galpinford.com/, http://www.insurancequotes.com/, http://csdiran.com/ (RTL), http://coleweber.com, http://thefinerlist.com/, http://www.landroverflatirons.com/, http://www.westhoustoninfiniti.com/
- Steering Committee elections thread is open. Only differences will be that you won't be able to put more than one vote per candidate, and that Harvest participants will be able to vote as well.
- Harvest videos from Amsterdam coming soon!
- Lots of contributions lately, but not much testing accompanying it. Let's ask nicely when there are no tests, but not require them, as that would discourage contributions.
- 1.7.1: still one Live Writer issue to fix. Sébastien couldn't figure out what's broken yet.
- Awesome contributions this week, including from new people. "magic" according to Sébastien. He has been really diligent in integrating them, and interacting with the authors to finalize them.
- Louis is working on Owin integration for Orchard?
- Sipke demo: re-creating blogs using only the revived List module.
- New sites: http://panorazzi.com/, http://legendarycustomhomes.com/, http://basarsoft.com.tr/, http://nowonline.nl/, http://flaminggrillpubs.com/, http://www.littlejoesautos.com/, http://muthco.com/, http://www.baytalkhobz.com/, http://newsroom.meijer.com
- Should we have a new repositories for additional modules that we support but that are not in core? There is a problem with putting more than one module into a single repo. At least, move to git.
- We need volunteers for Workflows and Media Library documentation topics at least. The authors can put a link to their website at the end if they want to.
- There are pull request and accepted changes for the migration to 4.5 (now in a branch, yay Git!), Azure SDK 2.1, import/export for permissions and roles, TrimEnd token, decoupling Workflow from other modules (no migration issue), can and must now provide css with activities, XMLRPC/Livewriter support for the media library.
- Maybe there should be a module for localizing dynamic values from the admin, as doing it in the po is a workaround at best (but if you do it, do it from the theme's po file).
- New websites: http://www.unitrans.co.za, http://reachmedia.co.nz/, http://www.themorritt.co.uk/, http://jojomobile.eu/, http://www.pixlpark.com/, http://cebuanalhuillier.com/, https://www.minpension.se/, http://www.cneholidays.com/, http://www.newburghnissan.com/, http://johnbarras.com/, http://medischhandelen.nl, http://hygrowbot.or, http://www.newburghnissan.com/
- Car seller sites seem to originate from http://www.jazelauto.com/
- Demo from Zoltán: Orchard Watcher - Makes it possible for front-end authenticated users to watch contents, get notifications, use in workflows.
- We still need a documentation czar. One person offered to help. Please answer in this discussion if interested in helping.
Brought to you by: Orchard Hungary
The new Media Library module in Orchard 1.7 has many interesting new features, and I was particularly excited by the ability to import images from Bing via the Web Search feature which was presented at Orchard Harvest this year.
Being a regular Dropbox user, the idea of being able to import media straight from the cloud seemed very useful, so I got to work on a Dropbox media import feature which you can now find over on the Orchard Gallery.
I've been reading the book, Using Drupal, which recently was released for Drupal 7, in order to better understand alternatives to Orchard CMS. I also hear mentions of how similar Orchard CMS is to drupal, so I wanted to get some understanding of how Drupal and Orchard compare. And last, I offer Orchard CMS training and I get a lot of developers who are already familiar with another CMS like Drupal, Joomla, Umbraco, or Wordpress, so I like to have a better understanding of other content management systems in order to help my students relate to Orchard CMS. What I have learned from reading Using Drupal is that Orchard CMS is quite similar to Drupal in terms of concepts.