• About the Orchard Project

    Orchard is a free, open source, community-focused Content Management System built on the ASP.NET MVC platform.

    Learn more...

Recent Posts and Articles

  • Weekly Podcast 04/04/2017

    Meeting notes:

    ·         Status:

    o   0:10 - Fixing content file marker for tests.

    o   0:19 - [Fixes #7633] Orchard.Mvc.Routes - Added support for multiple IRouteProvider implementation per module in StandardExtensionRouteProvider (#7634).

    o   0:37 - Localization: default culture set to site culture for new content items (#7626).

    o   0:50 - Allows draft ContentItems in ContentPickerField (#7624).

    o   1:27 - Taxonomies: added index on TermContentItem table (#7594).

    o   2:04 - Change from action url to Orchard.IpenId inside openid module (#7525).

    o   2:17 - Remove unused feature names (#7613).

    o   2:28 - Add comments to audit module (#7635).

    o   2:53 - Framework: Removing C# 6 code from LocalizationStreamParser.

    o   3:31 - Localization improvements (#7596).

    o   4:14 - Adding LangVersion 5 setting to each csproj's Debug and Release target (#7641).

    o   4:25 - Merges.

    o   4:48 - Fixing Owin version in the specflow project.

    o   5:00 - Updating version number.

    o   5:11 - Improving cache concurrency unit tests.

    o   6:30 - Trying to fix specflow by adding owin packages.

    o   7:45 - Update README.md.

    o   8:25 - Checking the 1.10.2 Release notes.

    o   9:44 - We can access binaries from TeamCity.

    o   10:40 - Next steps to release.

    ·         Status on Orchard.Core:

    o   13:50 - All the things what was demoed on last week was merged with the refactoring of modules and NuGet packages.

    o   15:07 - Work on improving the project files #646.

    o   16:24 - Remove unneeded dependency.

    o   16:35 - Adding Orchard.Media module. Progress on the 'media' branch.

    o   17:05 - Numeric Field wip.

    o   17:18 - Allow for possible multiple vies engines (#655).

    o   17:31 - Fixing the Nanoscroller (#653).

    ·         Demos:

    o   18:45 - What is Algolia.

    o   26:29 - Integrating Algolia to Orchard.

    o   40:23 - Search / Lucene Modules does not work with accentuated characters. Related issue: https://github.com/OrchardCMS/Orchard/issues/3887 .

    ·         Topics:

    o   46:44 - CodePlex is shutting down.

    o   47:36 - Contribute PRs if you have write access to the repository.

    o   51:25 - Media Permissions. Related issue: https://github.com/OrchardCMS/Orchard/issues/7620

  • Weekly Podcast 03/28/2017

    Meeting Notes:

    ·         Status:

    o   0:05 - #7614 Fixed locking cache-key (#7617).

    o   0:15 - Implementing user-configurable Lucene indexing analyzer selection, resolves #3887.

    o   0:57 - Fixing content file marker for tests.

    o   1:09 - Merge branch '1.10.x' into '1.10.2'. Release related news and updates.

    ·         Status on Orchard.Core:

    o   5:10 - A quick overview about the changes in last week.

    ·         Demo:

    o   6:14 - Everything about Orchard.Core modularity.

    o   18:40 - Creating an Orchard.Core module.

    o   25:20 - Creating a standard ASP.Net Core  MVC modular application where OrchardCore.Modules.Mvc package referenced.

    o   30:00 - Creating another  ASP.Net Core  MVC modular application where the previously created module is referenced from NuGet. Publishing a module in NuGet.

    o   33:40 - Tenant management.

    o   37:00 - Discussion about the pros and cons of modularity.

    o   44:20 - Explaining the magic.

    o   55:20 - Naming discussion.

  • Weekly Podcast 03/21/2017

    Meeting Notes:

    ·         Status:

    o   0:05 - Changed UpgradeForm1 on Migration (#7612).

    o   0:22 - Fix MySQL support (#7607).

    o   0:34 - Fixing that Taxonomy Fields attached to the User content type didn't work in the User editor (#4479).

    o   1:19 - Implementing that Dynamic Forms elements' Names are auto-generated from the given Labes, fixes #5287.

    o   2:06 - #7614 Fixed locking cache-key. (#7617)

    o   3:19 - Discussion about the new release.

    o   7:05 - Work on 'setcookie' branch and a discussion about cache and cookies.

    o   20:10 - Azure Media Player and Services related PRs.

    ·         Status on Orchard.Core:

    o   22:15 - OpenId module has been merged.

    o   22:48 - Work on the 'packages' and 'packeges-demo' branch.

    ·         Demos

    o   35:40 - Image tokens.

    ·         Topics:

    o   43:50 - Discourse forum.

  • Weekly Podcast 03/07/2017

    Don’t forget to check out the uploaded Orchard Harvest 2017 videos!

    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpCsCyd254FpFB-O4mW6q8z0lEqwdIuXa

     

    Meeting Notes:

    ·         Status:

    o   0:25 - Work on 'the admin-theme' branch.

    o   0:32 - Fix MySql support.

    o   1:17 - Handle "returnUrl" in the 'OpenId' actions (#7558).

    o   1:27- Use Compose to make code stronger and consistent (#7582).

    o   1:46 - Ensure anonymous user access logon (#7581).

    o   1:58 - Replace markup-embedded pipe | delimiters with CSS in admin theme.

    o   4:48 - Replace the word "remove" with "delete" where appropriate.

    o   7:11 - Moved edit action to draft action group. Fixes #7478.

    o   7:48 - Improved core content editing and publishing UI. Fixes #6388.

    o   11:35 - Talk about translation and the possibility of translated CSS.

    ·         Topics:

    o   15:05 - The idea of shape rendering in Orchard Core.

    ·         Status on Orchard Core:

    o   19:10 - Allows, in a  tenant container , to inject an IEnumarable of SingleTones.

    o   19:19 - The 'mvcless' branch was merged which means that from now, modules by default don't have to use mvc.

    o   19:54 - Work on the 'vs2017' branch.

    o   19:16 - The Lucene module is now called Orchard.Lucene.

    o   19:20 - Some project organizations. A quick look at the file system and a discussion about it and about organization.

    ·         Topics:

    o   32:55 - NuGet packages related discussion.

    o   39:03 - From now if you want to work with Orchard, you will need VS2017. It will work with the community version.

    o   39:40 - A merged PR: Implements resource file hash-based cache busting #7564

    o   40:26 - Status of the work on media management.

    o   43:15 - Problems with authentication cookies.

  • Weekly Podcast 02/28/2017

    Meeting Notes:

    ·         Status:

    o   0:14 - Revert "Improved performance of Count Hql queries" (#7563).

    o   0:30 - Various small admin theme tweaks.

    o   0:37 - Fixed audit trail settings issue.

    o   4:08 -Updated GroupInfo name for AuditTrail settings.

    ·         Status on Orchard Core:

    o   5:05 - Fixed password strength indicator (#590).

    o   From this point there is a delay between the video and the sound, we apologize for that.

    o   6:33 - Work on the 'mvcless' branch.

    ·         Demos:

    o   9:40 - Improvement for the Resource Manager in Orchard 1.10.x.

    o   24:18 - Theme management updates.

    ·         Topics:

    o   33:00 - Talk about Harvest. Feedback about the conference: recording, location, food, wifi, what to change, what was good/not so good, plans for the next conference.

  • Orchard Harvest Conference 2017: Day 2

    This Wednesday February 22nd was the second day of the Orchard Harvest conference 2017 in New York. We attended to many interesting sessions about Orchard Core and .NET Core.

  • Orchard Harvest 2017–Orchard Core CMS

    For the last presentation of the day, Sébastien explained what Orchard Core is all about. Orchard Core runs on ASP.NET Core, and as a consequence is leaner, faster, and cross-platform.

  • Orchard Harvest conference, day 2

    Just as on the first day we're reporting in live from the 2017 Orchard Harvest conference! This blogpost will be updated as we go, so make sure to check back!

Software IP management and project development governance provided by Outercurve Foundation