Recent Posts and Articles
- Not much happened since last week, so there isn't much new stuff in the source (except for the feature branches).
- Philip has a performance problem with Orchard 1.8.1: it's too fast. :)
- Demo by Sipke: we finally saw the previously mentioned Audit Trail module in action, it's full of awesome features!
- Demo by Sipke: we also saw the Layouts module in action, that is inspired by the Dynamic Forms module (by Cybage Software) and the Dynamic Layouts module (by Onestop).
- New sections added to the demo website of the new Orchard community theme, more updates will follow.
- Sébastien is enjoying his holiday, but still has some news!
- Antoine is now an MVP of ASP.NET!
- Orchard 1.8.1 has been released!
- There's a lot of work done lately in the feature branches for the Content Deployment, Audit Trail and Dynamic Layouts modules.
- Zoltán's demo of a new feature of Combinator: sharing static resources between tenants in a multi-tenant environment. The typical use-case is that the static resources in the Dashboard are usually the same across tenants, so it makes sense to generate it once and then share it through the Default tenant's Media folder.
- Shaun's demo of the "The Theme Machine Designer": a theme that displays the structure of themes on the front end (including a theme picker) that let's you discover how the Layout is build up. Great tool for theme authors to learn the ins and outs of theme development.
- Bug triage: reviewed 15 issues (from the end of last year).
- Status: small changes regarding performance since last week.
- 1.8.1 will soon be released.
- Demo by Benedek: localization migrated to Crowdin. Please see the basic information regarding the usage on the website and check out the forums for up-to-date information.
- Nick is working on TinyMCE 4 integration.
- Demo by Olivier Stephan: OData module for serializing and exposing content.
- Shaun is making further progress with the test website for the new Orchard community website theme.
- The Harvest videos are ready and are currently being reviewed, so they will be published soon!
- 27 individual participants in the meeting, it seems to be a new record!
- We're still recovering after Harvest. :)
- Status: a lot of small fixes, Token-support for BodyPart added (in the afternoon on the last day of Harvest), some query optimization in a few modules, widgets are now draftable.
- Some of the Harvest session videos are already produced, they will be published soon!
- The ASP.NET blogs went down during the conference due to an error with Azure Cache, Sébastien hotfixed it and pushed it to production.
- Orchard 1.8.1 coming today or tomorrow!
- The demo for the new theme for the Orchard community sites (like http://orchardproject.net) has a demo site of pure HTML/CSS/JS created by Shaun Luttin and the repository is avaialable on GitHub.
- TheBootstrapMachine is released to the public (only the minified CSS yet), maybe it will be part of Orchard.
- New Orchard websites: http://www.bluesphereinc.com, http://www.myib.com, http://www.aaopt.org, http://www.bellight.com, http://www.msiuk.com, http://curelinx.com, https://madeclose.com, http://www.thefryecompany.com.
- Idea for a new feature on DotNest: setting up a few test websites with a nice theme and default content so newcomers can play with Orchard without any registration or commitment. They will be periodically reinstalled (~1 hour).
- Triage: 3 bug reports reviewed out of 299.
Recap of the third day of Orchard Harvest Seattle.
On the second day of the Orchard Harvest, we had the chance to attend great sessions with awesome speakers.
On the last (third) day of this year's Orchard Harvest we announced the results of the Orchard community's second module development competition, the Orchard Spring Harvest Challenge. The amount of submissions may be small ("only" 6), though in quality they certainly made up for it. The top 3 places are the following: