Recent Posts and Articles
- There have been some upgrades/changes on the feature branches and in 1.x/1.8.x as well, e.g. Sipke added Admin search filter, TinyMCE updated to 4.1.2, MarkDown is also updated to latest version.
- Thanks to Nick, the OWIN feature branch is ready for testing!
- Zoltán reviewed all the pending pull requests, so to come to conclusion regarding those, a separate meeting dedicated to bug triage and pull request reviews is scheduled, visit the forums for more information.
- Bertrand's demo: Bertrand fixed an issue with Projections - if you want to filter on a field that was newly added to a content type, your projections using that content type will not return any results, because the field that was added is undefined on the already existing content items.
- Sipke managed to get a "melt down" version of Orchard running to be able make performance measurements. Project meltdown is about merging selected modules together into one project. See the conversation about it in the issue tracker.
- Discussion about the translations on Crowdin: should the Gallery modules be moved to a different Crowdin project? The conclusion is that yes, they should be so they don't interfere with the translations of the source distribution, since most of the Gallery module translations are outdated and much less frequently used.
- We only had a short meeting due to Sébastien not being present.
- Demo by Benedek: Musqle.com, a website with a lot of features built for bodybuilders by Softival. Lombiq built a Training Manager module for Musqle, which allows administrators (and users) to create training plans, then users can browse, copy and customize them. Plans can be used to log your trainings in the Training Diary and it's also possible to see your training progression in the Training Statistics Widget that can display graphs in various ways.
- Nick updated the Owin branch with the latest assemblies and fixed the related unit tests. Owin should be working fine, so it's ready for testing! See Nick's blog for more info.
- Discussion about changing the workflow of how pull requests are managed with the aim of processing them faster.
Orchard 1.8.1 was released last week and includes a lot of bug fixes for Orchard 1.8. Unless my clients were experiencing Orchard performance issues or needed a new feature in Orchard 1.8, I recommended they skip Orchard CMS 1.8 and wait for the first maintenenace release 1.8.1 before upgrading their Orchard Website.
- Not much happened since last week, so there isn't much new stuff in the source (except for the feature branches).
- Philip has a performance problem with Orchard 1.8.1: it's too fast. :)
- Demo by Sipke: we finally saw the previously mentioned Audit Trail module in action, it's full of awesome features!
- Demo by Sipke: we also saw the Layouts module in action, that is inspired by the Dynamic Forms module (by Cybage Software) and the Dynamic Layouts module (by Onestop).
- New sections added to the demo website of the new Orchard community theme, more updates will follow.
- Sébastien is enjoying his holiday, but still has some news!
- Antoine is now an MVP of ASP.NET!
- Orchard 1.8.1 has been released!
- There's a lot of work done lately in the feature branches for the Content Deployment, Audit Trail and Dynamic Layouts modules.
- Zoltán's demo of a new feature of Combinator: sharing static resources between tenants in a multi-tenant environment. The typical use-case is that the static resources in the Dashboard are usually the same across tenants, so it makes sense to generate it once and then share it through the Default tenant's Media folder.
- Shaun's demo of the "The Theme Machine Designer": a theme that displays the structure of themes on the front end (including a theme picker) that let's you discover how the Layout is build up. Great tool for theme authors to learn the ins and outs of theme development.
- Bug triage: reviewed 15 issues (from the end of last year).
- Status: small changes regarding performance since last week.
- 1.8.1 will soon be released.
- Demo by Benedek: localization migrated to Crowdin. Please see the basic information regarding the usage on the website and check out the forums for up-to-date information.
- Nick is working on TinyMCE 4 integration.
- Demo by Olivier Stephan: OData module for serializing and exposing content.
- Shaun is making further progress with the test website for the new Orchard community website theme.
- The Harvest videos are ready and are currently being reviewed, so they will be published soon!
- 27 individual participants in the meeting, it seems to be a new record!
- We're still recovering after Harvest. :)
- Status: a lot of small fixes, Token-support for BodyPart added (in the afternoon on the last day of Harvest), some query optimization in a few modules, widgets are now draftable.
- Some of the Harvest session videos are already produced, they will be published soon!
- The ASP.NET blogs went down during the conference due to an error with Azure Cache, Sébastien hotfixed it and pushed it to production.
- Orchard 1.8.1 coming today or tomorrow!
- The demo for the new theme for the Orchard community sites (like http://orchardproject.net) has a demo site of pure HTML/CSS/JS created by Shaun Luttin and the repository is avaialable on GitHub.
- TheBootstrapMachine is released to the public (only the minified CSS yet), maybe it will be part of Orchard.
- New Orchard websites: http://www.bluesphereinc.com, http://www.myib.com, http://www.aaopt.org, http://www.bellight.com, http://www.msiuk.com, http://curelinx.com, https://madeclose.com, http://www.thefryecompany.com.
- Idea for a new feature on DotNest: setting up a few test websites with a nice theme and default content so newcomers can play with Orchard without any registration or commitment. They will be periodically reinstalled (~1 hour).
- Triage: 3 bug reports reviewed out of 299.
Recap of the third day of Orchard Harvest Seattle.