Recent Posts and Articles
- 00:00 - GitHub migration summary.
- 00:35 - Bertrand's making progress on the issue migration (there are ~5000 of them), but the API has limitations (throttling). There's a new API without those limitations, but the scripts used need to be modified to work with it. You can contact Bertrand if you'd like to help with this part of the work (see his fork on GitHub)!
- 04:35 - Sébastien pushed the source to a test repository under the OrchardCMS account.
- 06:15 - Add your CP-GH username mapping to this spreadsheet so your issues created on CP will be correctly linked to you after the migration to GH.
- 08:36 - Daniel suggests using the Wiki feature of GH to store/display the documentation, as it has syntax highlighting support, better rendering of MarkDown documents, including GH-flavour for MarkDown for richer text editing. You can check it out on the same test repository. Daniel is also investigating suitable forum providers, Discourse is a promising solution.
- 38:43 - Status: Sipke worked a lot on bugfixes for 1.9.
- 41:03 - Kees Damen's (Sipke's co-worker at the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport) suggestion is to change the CopyLocal property of the Orchard.Core and Orchard.Framework project references to false, which reduces the size of the build output dramatically.
- 45:22 - Nick will close the PRs on CP and ask the authors to create new ones on GH.
- 46:10 - Demo by Sipke about blending Layouts, Zones and Widgets: Layout containers can now define Zone names, that are dynamically added to the Widgets editor as "Layout Zones". A new property called "Collapsible" was added to Layout containers: if said container is empty, the next sibling element will take its space if this setting is enabled.
- 1:00:06 - Jorge's question: How to contribute to Orchard until the migration is complete? We should wait until it's done to make sure that there aren't conflicts or loss of data.
- 1:01:12 - Status on this year's Orchard Harvest: if organizing it is not feasible during the next 2 months, it will be postponed to the end of the summer.
- GitHub migration will be soon under way!
- Sébastien will move the source to a new repository on the OrchardCMS account.
- Work items will be exported from CP and imported to GH by Bertrand. Add your usernames to this spreadsheet so your CP issues will be mapped to your GH account after importing them.
- Forum will be created by Daniel, hosted by Discourse.
- Pages will be re-created by Bertrand.
- Discussion about Caching changes and improvements.
- Discussion about Layout editor and Dynamic Forms improvements. Dynamic Forms will deprecate Custom Forms.
- A little bit of bug triage.
- Status: further bugfixes! 1.9 is closer and closer. :)
- Bug triage.
- Status: a lot of bugfixes in the 1.9-int branch.
- Bug triage.
Output caching has been significantly overhauled in the upcoming Orchard 1.9 release. This posts takes an in-depth look at what precipitated these changes, how the new output cache logic works, and how to best configure and use it to improve the performance of your sites.
Using the ICacheManager abstraction to cache frequently used data can significantly improve performance in your Orchard web sites. But when the work required to create that data is resource-intensive and your web site is under heavy load, bad stuff can happen. This post takes a look at how to make your caching code resilient to such circumstances.
- Status: a lot of small changes and bugfixes since last week, including a few PRs.
- Check out the "1.9-int" branch for the "beta" version of Orchard 1.9.
- ShowOrchard.com is live again!
- The current 1.x source has a dependency on the TypeScript SDK to be able build the Orchard.Azure.MediaServices module's TS files. The dependency will be removed by setting those files' compile action to none (it won't be a problem though, since the JS files generated from them are also in the repo).
- Harvest: London is the strongest contender, but Madrid is still in the hat too.
- 00:00 - Agenda.
- 02:23 - Status: bugfixes, 1.9 is almost release-ready, discussing various ways of showing/hiding content shapes.
- 22:37 - Daniel's (IDeliverable) PowerPoint demo: a suggested rehaul of the New/Content admin menu.
- 29:14 - Joshua's (Microsoft) and Zoltán's (Lombiq) demo: Azure Application Insights integrated into Orchard as a module, and it's open source!
- 1:01:43 - Almost every issue resolved for the upcoming 1.9 and 1.8.2 releases. We'll have an integration branch just for bugfixes and on Thursday's Developer Meeting we'll triage any new bug reports that might be preventing the release.